Make Your Order From My Top Reading Picks

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's all a state of mind...

I have been having some difficulty sleeping these past few nights. I keep having recurring thoughts about how simple to me it seems to salvage our planetary CO2 issues, yet politically it runs a snails pace. I must say that the primary snail here is our own United States. As the world looks to us for so many reason, as well as, to set precident and examples we have failed them in this area.

I got a new car last year. I have never done a new car before. I would usually get a newly used in years past. Through these previous transactions my thoughts would be of helping to control the overall production numbers as there are plenty of good used cars to choose from. Also, I wouldn't lose a ton of money by driving off the lot, etc. I broke down from these thoughts, though, and I now drive the Lexus 400h. This is the hybrid SUV type. Awesome vehicle. It is a great car and I love it. The technology with this, as well as the Prius, I find are exemplary for our time. I am not saying that they are the end all, but they offer some great new technology for us to learn from and move forward from. A business partner of mine owns the Honda Hybrid. Amazing mileage on the Honda and Prius. These are all great cars. There are numerous reason for my saying this, as well as the fact that there are numerous reason that some people say that a hybrid is not good. The issues of the batteries, and production changes lead to manufacturing costs and pollution as new casts and dies are necessary. My response to much of those issues is the same for any car manufacturer as they change engines and bodies every year, so that arguement holds no weight for me. The battery issue is something that will become less problematic as we move forward due to the nature of the pressure to make those changes. This is what economic and environmental pressures will do. Not allowing these technological changes to occur will only bring the same. And that ain't workin!

My point though is that it is much a state of mind. I find that by owning this vehicle I am more in tune to my work towards building a better world. This vehicle has made an impact on my point of view. I find a large amount of value in a point of view. This will transcend all else and begin to shape and reshape ones outlook and actions towards their future.

By beginning with a thought, does an action begin to take place. This is specifically why I say "be careful what you wish for (or think about) as you will get it". A thought is a powerful thing. This is where your future definitive plans begin to take place. By our thoughts staying within a positive realm we will find ourselves continually thinking positive things, subsequently we will act in a more positive manner toward others. We will act in a more positive matter to make and accept changes.

When you visualize what you want this begins to make the thoughts become real and bring them forward. I say to visualize what you want, not what you don't want. If you do this you will bring forward more of what you don't want. Not good. This visualization is a powerful means to a great and successful end. It takes practice. This is how I got the Lexus. I would drive around and say "I want that car" whenever I would see one. Once, I was stopped at a light, before I had gotten mine and there was a Lexus 400h next to me. I told the person to roll down the window so I could talk. They did. I asked them if they liked their car, and the reaction was great. A beam of happiness came over the driver and accolades regarding the vehicle came out. I told them I wanted one, and they smiled and drove away. This not only made this person feel good to validate to themselves of their driving decision, but it made me feel good to know that this person feels good, and that I will feel good driving this as well. My visualizations soon turned to reality as I went to pick up the vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, it does not have anything to do with a car. This could be anything. It doesn't have to be something that is new or purchased. This could be anything. It is the state of mind.

What you want out of life begins in the imagination. There are not limits to this, as it is your imagination. This action is done all day long by us, but most of us are not conscious about them. Begin to become conscious of your thoughts. Begin to make your thoughts what you want, and not what you don't want. This is key. When you begin to have thoughts about what you don't want, STOP, and begin to think about something else. THIS IS THE KEY. You can't monitor all of your thoughts, so when you feel off, recognize what you are thinking and begin to change that thought as your feeling is true, so change your thought.

Then begin taking these feelings and thoughts and organizing them into definitive plans. This could be as simple as getting ready in the morning. Some people have chaos in their home as the morning ritual begins. Take some time, perhaps at night as you are winding down and begin to think about how you wish to see your morning ritual change. Only think of what you want. Now, organize these thoughts in ways that will help you reach this action. Write them down in a journal or diary or simply on a notepad to make them conscious. Leave it by the bed table to you can see it first thing in the morning. Every day.

Take a few minutes and visualize what you want in your mind. How or what would it look like? What would it sound like? What are the tastes, textures and sounds? What would you be feeling when this happens? I said WHEN this happens, not IF. This is also KEY. Lose the word IF. These thoughts and visualizations will bring forth your belief. When you truly believe that something will happen and you can visualize its success for you, you are there.

There is no reason to doubt. Your thoughts of doubt are not of what you want. Your thoughts of doubt are what you don't want. You don't want doubt so don't go there.
This takes practice. But this is your life.

Descartes, the famed philosopher of the early 1600's once said, "Dubito, ergo cogito, ergo sum" which is Latin: "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am". Descartes defines "thought" (cogitatio) as "what happens in me such that I am immediately conscious of it, insofar as I am conscious of it". Thinking is thus every activity of a person of which he is immediately conscious. He needed only to lose the doubt! ;-)
His saying is now known to be "I think, therefore, I am."

This begins to outline the power of thought. If we think it, it will be. The funny thing about this is that you don't have to believe it. It will happen whether you feel this is mumbo jumbo or not. That is the funny truth to this practice. However, understanding this is the first step to an amazing amount of power. The power to change your life to what you want.

There are examples of this daily throughout the world. So, many of these examples come from people and places where the odds against them are unsurmountable. Yet, they prevail. They think of only of what they want...not of what they don't want.

By the visualizations of what you want help you to begin to make the plans and mental blueprints of how to begin to implement your thoughts and have them begin in our life. You will begin to build the life you want from the thoughts that are guiding your way. You are doing this anyway, but are you getting what you want? If you aren't getting what you want, and more of what you don't want and you think this is bunk, then keep on getting what you don't want. This costs you nothing! However, it will gain you your life you want! Try it. It works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Law of Attraction: Doug, you are very good at this only you are not aware of how good you are. You stay so in the present moment and when you stay focused and do not let your emotions take over, you are amazing at creating what you want in your life. I have seen this time and time again. Don't let the saying...Big "L", little "a''... get any time in your life :)