Make Your Order From My Top Reading Picks

Friday, November 30, 2007

More on Green Roofs...

I thought I might add a bit more on the Green roofing ideas. But, I will give some links for you to do your own research on this that I found quite good.

Green Roof Resource

Time for Green Roofs by Elisabeth Rosenthal. She is a writer at the Herald Tribune.

Why aren't there more Green Roofs? by Libby Rosenthal. The same writer as above.

I am happy that we are including Green Roofs in our development project going on near Austin, TX. Our designs utilizing this were originally to assist in our septic system design, but as the main developer moves forward with a city sewer connection we can bypass the septic needs. We will keep the Green roof in the design as the lots are small and we will create a great roof garden that will have amazing lake and golf course views. We make it quite a showpiece in the development! We have a few lots that will have this concept with similar views, but one will be right on the top of a hill.

1 comment:

Jorg Breuning said...

Hi Elisabeth,
I am always happy when people write about green roofs because it promotes the technology. However I don't necessarily agree to some statements (even from my friend Ed Snodgrass) which can't be fulfilled by a green roof in the long run. With at least 75 sq miles (right, miles) of green roofs in Germany in the last 30 Years I know the performance of a green roof and the expectations you can have very well. When I got a call from somewhere in the world I go there and install a green roof - everywhere - I did that on 1999 as the first calls came from the US - so I went to Chicago and finally ended up on the East Coast today – I trained today’s key players in the market and I am sometimes surprised what they say…. Jorg Breuning
Green Roof Service LLC