Make Your Order From My Top Reading Picks

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Holographic Universe we are in...

I have been having a difficult time finding either time or material to blog about. I apologize to my readers for the lack of attention these past few months, but let's move on and hope that I can become more fluid again with ideas, as well as, time...

I have been reading the book, The Holographic Universe, by Michael Talbot. It is a study of the Universe as a hologram and the two worldly noted scientists of David Bohm and Karl Pribram, who both came to these findings and subsequent conclusions rather independently. The theories and premise of the book help to explain the paranormal and other anomalous phenomena to which science disregards since it cannot find other theories to explain such experiences.

There are a myriad of other scientists and their theories and conclusions that are included as well, but the school of thought was developed by Bohm and Pribram. Bohm was noted and respected for his work with Albert Einstein, Quantum Physics, and the Manhattan Project. While Pribram was most noted for his research in brain and cognitive functions.

I will be delving deeper into this topic as I get into the book more, but I will relate the discussions to previous entries, as well as, books to which I have read and discuss here in this blog previously.

For a bit of homework, I encourage you to watch "The Matrix" as a start to the upcoming discussions.

More later!



This, the 275th entry in bloggoland! Thanks for reading and coming back. I always enjoy the comments, emails and the banter!!


(c)Copyright 2009 Doug Boggs

No comments: