Make Your Order From My Top Reading Picks

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Alley of Love

This one came to me as I awoke this morning. I nurtured it a bit before I got out of bed...


The Alley of Love

Like a felled feline she tended her wounds
of the double edged dagger sharp words.
The wet, vibrant colours of dreams dried slowly
on the canvas heart of this art of warred lovers.

The saline drained out of the depths of darkness from her quiet eyes
leaving trails from tears of blurred visions of forgotten strikes of shouted swords.
Her nails yet to recoil though her heart yearned again for his touch.

The alley of love began to heal as the soft word "sorry" filled the air
from the two warriors as the battlefield had quieted.

He searched through the trash of truths that were spewed
and on a bin lid he held her wiping her pain softly stroking her.

The lesions of love began to purr again between them...




(c)Copyright 2009 Doug Boggs




This, the 263rd entry in bloggoland! Thanks for reading and coming back. I always enjoy the comments, emails and the banter!!


(c)Copyright 2009 Doug Boggs

No comments: